Sunday, August 21, 2016

If I Wanted to be Seen as God (Sacred or Secular)



If I wanted to be seen as God… to be seen as the ultimate authority, I’d want to have the whole world be subservient.  I wouldn’t be happy until I had amassed the masses under one collective umbrella – mine.  So, I’d set about however necessary to denigrate the individual, and elevate the group.  I’d begin a campaign of promises with the false humility of a democratic fascist, and I’d whisper ‘it’s for the greater good.’

To the ignorant or the too-busy, I would state that I’m ‘here to help’.  I would convince them that my institutions benefit the people, instead of the other way around.  I’d speak in contradictions, but not speak too definitively so I could always state ‘you misunderstand’ and I could direct them where I want for the moment. 

And then I’d get busy.  I’d emphasize how weak the individual is, and how in isolation he is nothing, so the individual achievers have nothing but luck to give credit, after giving credit to everyone else.  The saying ‘they didn’t do that on their own’ would be common, and as we all are part of society, we all are owed a portion, that I’d promise to take from them and give to the rest.  Among the promises I’d make would be violations of supply and demand, ignoring scarcity, and for any problems of all getting what they’d want, I’d blame those who take ‘too much of the pie’ and say they need to lose some.  I’d be working with those among them who are aligned with me, setting up programs that ensure my status quo remains.  They, after all, have the means to help implement what I want.  They’re allowed to benefit by benefitting me.  All the while, I’d devalue the wealth you do have, making my help more needed. 

I’d push classism, as having an ‘enemy’ – someone who’s guilty of sin for being too light or dark, feminine or masculine, rich or poor, or whatever else, is too useful to redirect the forced inequality I create.  Nature is indifferently not egalitarian; I am intentionally not egalitarian.  I’d make exceptions the rule.  I’d use narratives over numbers, for people can be more easily swayed by emotion than by reason.  A feeling cannot be argued.  Reason points out contradictions, and takes away from my mysterious ways, so it is to be abandoned. 

I would also do away with ‘objective truth.’  The only truth is that which is relative.  Truth is a social construct; society is my construct.  When I say 2+2=3, 4, 5, or any other number, or all numbers, it will be accepted.  For those who have problems accepting it at first, I will have it said that ‘I work in mysterious ways,’ from which any rationalization and justification can be made.  Critical thinkers are outliers and to be expunged.  They are not needed.  Independent thought is not a virtue; conformity is.  Paragons in my society will be those who follow my path, regardless of how cruel it might seem.  Those who share my purpose will be ready to sacrifice one and all to my truth, whether it’d be the taking life of a child to prove love, or spy and betray family, in loyalty to me.

Criminalization of harming another would be secondary to threats to my order.  I’d set up zones of speech, differentiate between speech types including making illegal and immoral criticism of me and my system, and even make it so thoughts could be deemed as wrongful as actions.  As I would be the victim of these victimless crimes, I would set up paths through which one could pay me to get back in my good graces, and their unorthodoxy and sins would be forgiven.  Love comes from the promises I make and the purpose I give, which ultimately are just to serve me.  Emphasizing my love, my righteous cause, and how they hurt me or harmed my cause by not following rightly, I’ll make the people feel guilty.  It is not enough to obey, and they must love me – that obligates them.  Obligation and dependency will shine me in a positive light.  Cattle follow and get their feed from the rancher who will slaughter them.

In other words, I’d just keep on doing what I’m doing.  Good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment